Home | Protect | Educate | Watch | Warning | Evacuation | After | Resources
Media and Community Education Ideas
- Publish a special section in your local newspaper with emergency
information on hurricanes. Localize the information by printing the
phone number of local emergency services offices, the American Red
Cross chapter, and the nearest hospitals.
- Provide hurricane tracking charts to local schools.
- Work with local emergency services and American Red Cross http://www.redcross.org/ officials
to prepare special reports to people with mobility impairments on what
to do if an evacuation is ordered.
- At the beginning of each hurricane season, encourage the emergency
response organizations to review community hurricane disaster plans.
- Publicize and promote a hurricane awareness week.
- Stage a simulated evacuation to show your community what can happen.
- Periodically inform your community of local public warning systems.
- Publish emergency evacuation routes.
National Disaster Education Coalition:
American Red Cross http:www.redcross.org
USDA CSREES www.csrees.usda.gov
The Disaster Center disastercenter.com
5295 Hollister, Houston, Texas 77040 - Phone 713.932.1122 - www.fsresidential.com
A FirstService Residential Management Company